Thursday, July 21, 2011

Football lockout!!

     Anyone else out there completely disgusted by the football players and this lockout??  I know I am!  First of all, they all are being paid 95% more than they are worth!  There is no athlete worth that much money.  And lately, in watching sports, and I love sports so I watch a lot of it, there are way too many that just don't play to their ability because they are strictly out there for the money.  So what do they care if they perform to their abilities!  
     Every day that I listen  to this nonsense from them and the longer it is taking for the players to get on the field where they belong I think of people that spend money they don't have to buy tickets to watch their favorite team, buy their gear, all which helps support them, and what do they do to show appreciation, hold out for yet more money!  It's disgusting!!  There are schools here in Florida, some in the very town that my favorite team is from, Jacksonville, that are losing their sports due to budget cuts.....if they or the owners had any local concern they could put some of that money into the community and help the schools!  
    So I say, get rid of the stupid unions, cut their salaries, donate some money to the communities where they are from and get out there and do the job they are being paid for!

No comments:

Post a Comment